- The Record Application Form must be filled out.
- All fish must be weighed on a government tested set of scales.
- No record shall be entered for fish not shot in an organised competition unless accompanied by a photograph and signed by a witness.
- Record application must be submitted within six months of date of capture.
- All fish must exceed the existing record by at least 25 grams. Fish exceeding the existing record by a lesser amount shall be declared an equal record.
NSW waters are -‘Brunswick to Green Cape’, fish speared outside of this area are eligible for the ‘Specie Speared outside NSW Waters’ records.